Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Translation from Diptesh Ghosh




Start (by Diptesh Ghosh)

With the first light of dawn I awoke.
The dew-laden road lay empty.
It meandered through the mountains
And I heard it call out to me.
Old October was already here,
The cold Northern wind was blowing,
The first leaves were breaking free
And winter was already on its wing.

It was so lovely that my heart ached,
I wanted to hope, wanted to stay,
There were tasks I had yet to do,
And hundreds of things left to say.
But the roots were cut long ago,
And autumn winds will shake the leaf,
The wanderlust wind now stirred in me,
And it did not allow for any grief.

I kept aside all the faint regrets,
The dark thoughts in my weary heart,
And set out alone, companionless,
For the empty road and a brand new start.

मेरा कल

सुबह की पहली किरण ने सहलाया मुझे 
पहाड़ों की ओस-सिली पख्दंदियों ने बुलाया मुझे 
सर्दियां दस्तक दे कर दरवाज़े पे संभल रही थी 
सूर्ख ठंडी हवा मेरे साथ चल रही थी

कुदरत की इतनी ज़ीनत है के चुभता है दिल 
पर अब यहाँ रुकना है मुश्किल 
कुछ इकरार करने थे, कुछ काम थे बाकी 
पर सूख गयी सुराही, रूठ गया मेरा साकी 

कशमकश है आज सर्द हवा और माजी की बारिश मे 
इजाज़त नहीं मुझे रोने की भी इस दिल की साजिश मे

दिल के किसी कोने मे ही रहने दिये सारे ज़ख्म 
सूखने छोड़ दिये हैं पुराने आब-ए-चश्म 
निकल आया हूँ उस दर्द की दलदल से 
आज मुलाक़ात होगी मेरी मेरे नए कल से

ishQ

12th June 2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

बहुत बेहतरीन कविता है और उतना ही सुन्दर है हिंदी में उसका किया गया रुपांतरण… Rajesh Srivastava