Saturday, December 06, 2014

Folds on your forehead


Your smile would make me alive;
Smoothen the creases of my worries.
Deep and dark crevices of my being;
Would open up for you by just your being with me.
You could reach where no one else had,
You would touch me where I never existed, yet.
Your voice would warm my heart in cold nights
Your touch would heal my ruining self.
.
With intervals of time rivers dry up.
Leaves fall off in summers even on windless days.
It is nature of life to blossom and wear off in seasons.
You and I fell into one such trap and departed.
I kept flowing like a dry rivulet waiting for monsoons;
You flew away to presence of a new season.
I have survived, living on memories;
Of bounty & over flowing streams of love.
.
Today, standing with you, looking at you;
Am unable to watch you this way.
Let me swim across these waves that line your forehead.
These folds which have suddenly swallowed you.
.
I see you. But I miss your face that is my need.


No comments: